Monday, September 7, 2009

Introduction

Hello world, my name is Scott Ritchey and I have never blogged before, so please don't tear me apart so I will never do it again. I am a Sport Management major at Bowling Green State University (BGSU). My major specialization is Sport Enterprise. This is my senior year and all my previous years have been at Bowling Green State University. I have always loved sports! I have played soccer since I was four years old, and still love sports to this day. I love to watch, play, and coach nearly every sport.

I started this blog for a couple of reasons: the first one being that I was required to either journal, blog, or do a final paper for a class. I chose to blog because I have never blogged before and thought it would be fun. Another reason I chose to blog was because I am terrible at writing papers and hate to do them.

I am a die hard fan of all my favorite teams. Those teams consists of Ohio State Football, Indianapolis Colts, Los Angeles Lakers, Syracuse Orange Basketball, Boston Red Sox, Los Angeles Galaxy, and Barcelona FC. I am a big fan of the Williams sisters, Andy Roddick, and Rafael Nadal, and Maria Sharapova. When it comes to golf I am a fan of Tiger Woods and Retief Goosen.

My favorite Athlete is Kobe Bryant. He is the GREATEST basketball player of all time! He is the best for three reasons. The first reason is that he scored 81 points in a single game, the second reason is that he has four rings, one regular season MVP (Most Valuable Player), and one Finals MVP. The last reason is that with five seconds or fewer in the game he is unstoppable!

4 comments:

  1. Good start on your Blog. Glad you decided to give blogging a try. I know I've never blogged before either.

    Wow, you really are scattered with your favorite sports teams. How did you come about choosing some of these teams? I know I am also a fan of sports teams in different cities for each of the major sports, but I think a lot of my reasoning is I began to follow my favorite players/coaches and their teams.

    I agree Kobe Bryant is a very good player, and one of the greatest of all time. However I have a feeling you may get some arguments with naming him THE GREATEST of ALL TIME.

    Again, good start on the blog. Look forward to following it the rest of the semester.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I follow my favorite players. I go where they go, but I do like the teams and other players on those teams.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 5 agree with you that Kobe Bryant is an unbelieveable basketball player, but calling him the BEST BASKETBALL PLAYER OF ALL TIME, is a little far fetched. I don't think you can call any player in the history of the NBA the greatest player of all time. In my mind you can say who the top players were in each decade. The reason I say this is because the game of basketball is so different in every generation, from the beginning to now. Don't get me wrong Kobe Bryant is amazing, but every decade has plenty of amazing basketball players.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Scott,

    I agree with the previous posters that this is a great start to your blog. Believe me, you will not be torn apart for how you do your blog--a blog provides insight into an individual's unique character! You have certainly included an array of different sports' teams that you follow. Fortunately, you have chosen some that are winners, so you do not have to feel the futility of most Cleveland fans (who still have the Cavs' season to look forward to). Since you mentioned being a big fan of the Williams sisters, I will be interested to see what/if you wrote about Serena's outburst.

    I wondered if your choice of Kobe means that you disagree with those who consider Michael Jordan to be the greatest of all time? Personally, I am hoping that Lebron eventually surpasses both (without leaving Cleveland)!

    Great start on your blog. I look forward to reading more of your entries.

    Dr. Spencer

    ReplyDelete